A little thing that was circling around Facebook, so I thought I’d post it on here as well.
1. I’m scared of the dark. I wasn’t as a child, but for some reason I found that since I believe in God, I can believe in scary things that go bump in teh night.
2. I can’t wait to go back to school and become a pastor.
3. I’m quite the introvert and suck at small talk. This will prove problematic when I am a pastor.
4. In grades 4, 5, and 6, I played the leading roles in school plays.
5. I play bass. I started 4 years ago, and am fairly decent. I know I could be a lot better if I practiced more though.
6. I have had more jobs in the past 10 years than I can count.
7. I dropped out of bible college because I missed my girlfriend (now my wife), not because I ran out of money.
7. I have an aluminum miners lunch box that is covered in computer/geek stickers.
9. I got my first tattoo in Oct, 2007 and am currently looking for a part time job so that I can get a full sleeve in the coming months.
10. I am free of the grip that is MMORPGs (Massivly Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Games). I’m now almost 3 months “sober”.
11. I’m glad I grew up in Yellowknife, and spent my childhood playing outside and not in front of a TV or computer.
12. I still feel like a small town guy even though I have spent the last 8 years in Calgary.
13. I have gone to school for lots of things. To be a personal trainer, a millwright, a pastor and a computer guy. It put me in debt, but I have learned so many cool things, and met a lot of awesome people.
14. My first real job was chipping 3 inches of snow and ice from the sidewalks around Canadian Tire in January. My boss had his wife sit down the street and watch to record each time I stopped for more than 30 seconds. I was 14.
15. I was one of the few guys that made a shit-load of cash babysitting while growing up. I babysat from the time I was 12 until I moved at 18.
16. My parents are still together, and on their first marriages.
17. I got married in May of 2007 to my girlfriend of almost 7 years, Jo.
18. I was President of the Computer Games club in grade 11.
19. I made more meaningful friendships in my last year living in Calgary than the previous 7 that I lived there.
20. I am happy that I am not your typical Christian, but sometimes find it to be a tough battle against those that continually perpetuate the Christian stereo-type that we are all hateful, close-minded, assholes.
21. I used to be able to bench press almost 300lbs and squat 500lbs. Now I’d be lucky if I came close to half of that. (but i’m on my way back)
22. I think Boo from Monsters Inc. is the cutest thing EVER!
23. It doesn’t take much for me to cry in movies or TV shows. Grey’s Anatomy is a killer.
24. I am the IT guy for a high school, and now have a lot more respect for teachers and administrators. Though I have never heard anyone whine more about how much work they do than teachers.
25. I find blogging to be a great way to blow off steam, keep people updated about my life, and write about all the random things that pop into my head. http://www.twistedchristian.ca