Where has the time gone? How did it go by so fast? Those first two weeks were the longest weeks of my life, so what happened to the last 5 1/2 months? I can hardly believe that my little guy turned 6 months old yesterday. That’s insane (and also means I only have 4 months left on my parental leave)!
It is amazing the changes that have started taking place though, and they are coming at a pretty rapid pace. For the first few months things happened, and he grew, but for the most part it was a lot of sleeping and crying and staring. But now he’s growing and changing so quickly, it’s pretty amazing. Here’s where he’s at:
- He smiles. Alot. When we smile at him, he smiles back. And he’s starting to laugh a lot too.
- He’s interactive. Both with us when we play with him, and with the world around him. He loves sitting in his Bumbo on the table looking out the window.
- He likes to babble. He’s learned hard consonants, and says adada (which i interpret to mean he is talking to me, and knows my name).
- He’s loving rice cereal, which we started a couple of weeks ago, but is picky. Originally we bought Whole grain rice cereal, and he loved it, and then we bought normal rice cereal and he would just spit it all out. Great, a little hippy already.
- He can roll over from front to back (but doesn’t usually do it), but I haven’t seen him do it from back to front yet.
- Yesterday he weighed in at 13lbs 12oz. and is about 24 or 25″. Yup, that puts him below the 5th percentile in both. I have a skinny little guy, which makes me laugh since he doesn’t get that from his parents. 🙂
We’ve been waiting until he was 6 months to start feeding him other types of solid foods, so I think we’ll celebrate his half-birthday with some carrots today and see how that goes. I’m so excited to try all of these new things with him.
Everyone tells me this next 6 months are even more fun than the last and he gets more of a personality and more interactive. I’m so excited for it all. This dad thing is really awesome! It’s been an amazing 6 months, and I can’t believe I get to do this for the rest of my life.